We set the Phase 1 goal at $12,000 but we also wanted to provide a breakdown of what the agency has told us so far. We will be responsible for some unpaid expenses due the biological mother at that time, somewhere north of $700, less than $2,000.
Fees provided by agency
Based on the current facts, please note that the estimated fees and costs for this adoption are set forth below:
Phase 1 (by January 13th)
- Attorney fees associated with contested legal father: $10,000 (up-front, non-refundable, plus some below)
Phase 2 (approximately March)
- Adoption Entity Fee: $11,750
- Legal Fee for Finalization: $2,000
- Estimated Third Party Costs: $2,000 (can vary wildly, so I’m prepared for them to continue billing up to $6,000)
- Examples of these are: incidental office expenses, court filing fees, photocopy costs, phone (cell, long distance and collect), notary public charges, Cairs technology costs, caseworker and emergency work, service fees, mileage, tolls, gasoline, weekend/after hours consent signing fee, birth father and/or legal father searches, publication costs, PayPal fees, and other litigation or third party expenses. As these expenses are incurred, whether before or after placement, they will be paid from the Adoptive Parents’ Account. The estimated costs and actual costs can be widely divergent depending on the ultimate facts of your case.
- Birth Mother Living Expense Program: $1,000
- Birth Mother Living Expenses: $700
- Travel: $500
- Subsidy Application Assistance: $500 (optional)
- Home study update: $500
- Outside counseling: If birth mother requests, approximately 5 sessions between $80-$120 per session.
- Baby Medicaid: $250
- Birth Mother Estimated Medical Expenses: Zero at this time
Unplanned 2016 budgetary concerns
- Add Parker to our healthcare
- 6-9 more months of formula